WOODSTOCK HIGH SCHOOL
EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The coaches will maintain a role of coach as professional and will keep the role of coach in proper perspective by:
- Developing and communicating clear and specific goals for the team and individual players throughout tryouts and the season.
- Maintaining open and honest communication with students, parents, and other coaches.
- Developing and demonstrating a good knowledge base of best practice specific to their coaching arena.
- Supporting and collaborating with coaches in other athletic programs.
- Modeling and teaching skills necessary to succeed.
- Supporting student academic expectations, responsibilities, and achievements.
- Developing the knowledge and understanding of LaSalle-Peru policies and procedures as it applies to athletics.
- Promoting and enforcing the student athlete code of conduct.
- The coaches will be positive role models in personal management, appearance, ethics, and behavior by:
- Connecting athletic experiences with life experiences.
- Providing an atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration among coaches and players.
- Becoming an integral part of, and developing rapport with, the LaSalle-Peru community including administration, coaches, parents, and students.
- Modeling good sportsmanship at all times.
- Creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for student athletes.
- Understanding their leadership style and its impact on student athletes.
- Considering important commitments of student athletes outside their sports.