WOODSTOCK HIGH SCHOOL
EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The parents will communicate fairly and openly with coaches by:
- Communicating openly, honestly, and with respect.
- Communicating issues and concerns in a timely manner including those of physical and emotional well-being on behalf of their student.
- Understand and accept that playing time and game strategy will not be discussed.
- Following an appropriate chain of communication such as:
- Parent and Coach/Assistant Coach
- Parent and Athletic Director
- Parent and Principal
- Attending parent meetings and reading information disseminated by the coaches.
- The parents will demonstrate good sportsmanship by displaying the following behaviors:
- Providing support for coaches and officials in order to provide a positive, enjoyable experience for all student athletes.
- Understanding the game is for the students and not for the adults.
- Recognizing that student participation in athletics is a privilege.
- Using good sportsmanship as a spectator and conduct themselves in a manner that reflects well on both the team and the school.
- Promoting the team by being supportive and helpful of the school program.
- Refraining from coaching their student from the stands or sidelines.
- Expecting consistent student attendance at practices and games.
- The parents will create a positive and supportive environment to promote their student/athlete’s well-being by:
- Supporting good conditioning and healthy life style habits.
- Placing the emotional and physical well-being of their student ahead of any personal desire to win.
- Expecting their student to play in a safe and healthy environment.
- Supporting their student in planning how to meet their academic responsibilities given the demands of training and practice.
- Being a role model for other parents by remaining positive at sporting events.