WOODSTOCK HIGH SCHOOL
EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The student athletes of High School will be committed to the school athletic program on and off season by:
- Following the rules set by the coaches and the school.
- Participating enthusiastically.
- Making appropriate personal sacrifices for the good of the team.
- Recognizing that student participation in athletics is a privilege.
- Setting challenging and realistic goals.
- Developing a winning attitude.
- Maintaining high academic standards.
- Being committed to skill development in their sport.
- The student athletes of Woodstock High School will communicate openly and honestly with respect for coaches, teammates, parents, officials, and opponents by:
- Developing a team attitude.
- Being coachable and open to constructive feedback.
- Sharing appropriate individual and team concerns with the coaching staff.
- The student athletes of Woodstock High School will demonstrate good citizenship and sportsmanship by:
- Behaving with integrity.
- Exhibiting pride in their team and school.
- Playing by the rules.
- Accepting responsibility as a role model for others.
- Supporting other sports and under level teams.
- Playing with dignity and grace, regardless of winning or losing.
- The student athletes of Woodstock High School will develop and maintain mental and physical (health) behaviors by:
- Being alcohol and drug free.
- Practicing self-discipline.
- Demonstrating good personal health habits.
- Dealing with challenges in a positive manner.